Updated 01st June 2022
- “We”, “Our”, and “Us” shall mean and refer to the website and/or the Company, as the context so requires.
- “You”, “Your”, “Yourself”, “User”, shall mean and refer to natural and legal Users who use the Platform and who are competent to enter into binding contracts.
- “Third Parties” refer to any Platform, company or individual apart from the User, and the creator of this Platform.
- “Personal Information” shall mean and refer to any personally identifiable information that We may collect from You.
Information we collect and control
We are committed to respecting Your online privacy. We further recognize Your need for appropriate protection and management of any Personal Information You share with us. We may collect the following information:
- Personal data, such as, but not limited to [email protected]
- Tracking Information such as, but not limited to the IP address of your device and Device ID when connected to the Internet. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on the Platform or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on the Platform or not), your computer or device browser information, and other information associated with your interaction with the Platform;
- Details of Platform usage for analytics.
- To enable the provision of services opted for by you;
- To enable the viewing of the content of your interest;
- To communicate the necessary account and service related information from time to time;
- To allow you to receive quality customer care services and data Collection;
- To comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations;
What we do with your information
We use your information to provide the services you’ve requested, create and maintain your accounts, and keep an eye out for unauthorized activity on your accounts. We also use it to communicate with you about the products and services you are currently using, your customer support requests, new products you may like, chances for you to give us feedback, and policy updates. We analyze the information we collect to understand user needs and to improve our websites and services.
We are required to have a legal basis for collecting and processing your information. We either have your consent or need the information to provide the service you’ve requested from us. You can decline certain kinds of information use either by not providing the information in the first place or by opting out later. You can also disable cookies to prevent your browser from giving us information, but if you do so, certain website features may not work properly.
The European Economic Area (EEA) provides certain rights to data subjects (including access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, data portability, and the right to object and to complain).
Purposes for using information
The information provided by you shall be used to provide and improve the service for you and all users.
- For maintaining an internal record.
- For enhancing the Services provided
- For engaging interactions
For more details about the nature of such communications, please refer to our Terms of Service. Further, your data and Sensitive Personal data may be collected and stored by Us for internal record.
We use Your tracking information such as IP addresses, and or Device ID to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information and make further services available to you.
We will not sell, license or trade Your personal information. We will not share your personal information with others unless they are acting under our instructions or we are required to do so by law.
Information collected via Our server logs includes users’ IP addresses and the pages visited; this will be used to manage the web system and troubleshoot problems. We also use third-party analytics, tracking, optimization and targeting tools to understand how users engage with our Platform so that we can improve it and cater personalized content/ads according to their preferences.
Information we process
Information provided in connection with services: You may entrust information that you or your organization (“you”) control, in connection with the use of our services or for requesting technical support for our products.
This includes information regarding your customers and your employees or data that you hold and use on behalf of another person for a specific purpose, such as a customer to whom you provide services. The data may either be stored on our servers when you use our services or transferred or shared to us as part of a request for technical support or other services.
If you are in the European Economic Area and you believe that someone has entrusted your information to us for processing (for instance, your employer or a company whose services you use), you can request certain actions from us regarding your data. To exercise those data rights, please contact the person or company that entrusted the data to us and we will work with them on your request.
Legal bases for collecting and using information
Legal processing: If you are an individual from the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for information collection and use depends on the personal information concerned and the context in which we collect it. Most of our information collection and processing activities are typically based on
- Contractual necessity,
- One or more of our legitimate interests or a third party that is not overridden by your data protection interests, or
- Your consent.
Sometimes, we may be legally required to collect your information or may need your personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Withdrawal of consent: Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place.
Legitimate interests notice: Where we rely on legitimate interests as the legal basis and those legitimate interests are not specified above, we will clearly explain to you what those legitimate interests are at the time that we collect your information.
Your choice in information use
Opt-out of non-essential electronic communications: You may opt-out of receiving newsletters and other non-essential messages by using the ‘unsubscribe’ function included in all such messages. However, you will continue to receive notices and essential transactional emails. Disable cookies: You can disable browser cookies before visiting our websites. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use certain features of the websites properly. Optional information: You can choose not to provide optional profile information such as your photo. You can also delete or change your optional profile information. You can always choose not to fill in non-mandatory fields when you submit any form linked to our websites.
Your rights concerning the information we hold about you as a controller
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the following rights concerning information that you have provided to us through our Platform.
- Right to access: You have the right to access (and obtain a copy of, if required) the categories of personal information that we hold about you, including the information’s source, purpose and period of processing, and the persons to whom the information is shared
- Right to rectification: You have the right to update the information we hold about you or to rectify any inaccuracies. Based on the purpose for which we use your information, you can instruct us to add supplemental information about you in our database.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances, such as when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected.User’s violation of any rights of another;
- Right to restriction of processing: You may also have the right to request to restrict the use of your information in certain circumstances, such as when you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.User’s alleged improper conduct according to these Terms;
- Right to data portability: You have the right to transfer your information to a third party in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in circumstances where the information is processed with your consent or by automated means.User’s conduct in connection with the Platform;
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the use of your information in certain circumstances, such as the use of your personal information for direct marketing.
- Right to complain: You have the right to complain to the appropriate supervisory authority if you have any grievance against the way we collect, use or share your information.
We use data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of our Websites. “Cookies” are small files sited on your hard drive that assist us in providing customized services. We also offer certain features that are only available through the use of a “cookie”. Cookies can also help us provide information that is targeted to your interests. Cookies may be used to identify logged in or registered users. Our Website uses session cookies to ensure that you have a good experience. These cookies contain a unique number, your ‘session ID’, which allows our server to recognize your computer and ‘remember’ what you’ve done on the site. The benefits of this are:
- You only need to log in once if you’re navigating secure areas of the site
- Our server can distinguish between your computer and other users, so you can see the information that you have requested.If the User has fed incorrect information or data or for any deletion of data;
You can choose to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser settings if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website. We also use various third-party cookies for usage, behavioural, analytics and preferences data. The following are the different types of cookies used on the Website:
- Authentication cookies: To identify the user and share the content that he or she requested.
- Functionality cookies: For the customized user experience and resuming past course progress.
- Tracking, optimization, and targeting cookies: To capture usage metric on the device, operating system, browser, etc. To capture behavioural metrics for better content delivery. To cater and suggest the most suited preferences.
We use Google Analytics to help us to understand how you make use of our content and work out how we can make things better. These cookies follow your progress through us, collecting anonymous data on where you have come from, which pages you visit, and how long you spend on the site. This data is then stored by Google to create reports. These cookies do not store your data.
Your rights concerning your information we have access to
You have the following rights concerning information that you provide to us and we have access too.
- Right to access: You have the right to access (and obtain a copy of, if required) the categories of personal information that we hold about you, including the information’s source, purpose and period of processing, and the persons to whom the information is shared.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances, such as when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
- Right to restriction of processing: You may also have the right to request to restrict the use of your information in certain circumstances, such as when you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it
- Right to data portability: You have the right to transfer your information to a third party in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in circumstances where the information is processed with your consent or by automated means.
Your rights under CCPA
CCPA provides you five rights (1) right to notice, (2) right to access, (3) right to opt-out (or right to opt-in), (4) right to request deletion, and (5) right to equal services and prices, of which two are covered as part of the rights listed above. These two are the right to access personal information and the right to request the deletion of personal information.
The third is the right to opt-out of sale, which is redundant since we promise not to sell or monetize your data in any way. The fourth right available to you under CCPA is the right against discrimination because you exercised the rights available to you and the fifth is the right to protection against waiver of rights.
You can exercise the rights described above, by sending an email to [email protected]. Only you, or an agent authorized to make a request on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information.
To respond to your request, we will verify your identity and the data shared through your request. The same shall be looked into and responded to within 45 days of its receipt.
Retention of information
Data Protection Officer
As a responsible platform, we may disclose personal information and service data to a third party if we believe that such disclosure is necessary for preventing fraud, investigating any suspected illegal activity, enforcing our agreements or policies, or protecting the safety of our users.
We may be required by law to preserve or disclose your personal information and service data to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements.
Sale, Merger, Acquisition or Corporate restructure of our Company
On account of the sale, merger or acquisition of our entity, we will ensure that the acquiring entity is legally bound to honour our commitments to you, we will provide the concerned entity to provide you with the services availed by you through our platform.
Before the sell, acquisition, or merger, we will notify you via email or through a prominent notice on our Platform of any change in ownership or the uses of your personal information and service data.
We will also notify you about any choices you may have regarding your personal information and service data.
Notification of changes